Recently I was working on an application of my own and as I was in it I decided to check what updates to NuGet packages are available. I like to keep up to date to avoid any huge updates and surprises. And I also noticed AWS SDK had a new version, new major version.
Little bit worried about some breaking changes, but anyway I decided to update. The application uses AWS S3 heavily so new code shouldn't hurt. After solving some compilation errors as some changes were, of course, breaking, I realized I see in IntelliSense methods with
Async suffix. Great I thought; I can get rid of some of my helpers and very likely the finally implemented asynchronous operations properly. Before, using the
EndXxx was wokring, but these were sometimes blocking or spinning new threads. Definitely something you don't want when trying to scale with limited resources.